Help for building cross gcc for m68k

David J. Stelte stelte@comcast.net
Thu May 13 21:31:00 GMT 2004


    I've been trying to build a cross compiler for the 68k family 
running under cygwin.  I first downloaded cygwin with the native gcc for 
the pc.  I then downloaded gcc, gunzipped it, untarred it, and built it 
with the native gcc that came with cygwin.  However, it didn't seem to 
build a cross version of the assembler and loader for the 68k.  When I 
try to do a cross compile with the -S option suppressing assembly, I can 
successfully generate a .s file indicating that the compiler is working. 
 However, without the -S option, the cross gcc can't seem to find the 
cross assembler and seems to be grabbing the native gcc assembler, which 
of course doesn't understand the 68k assembly language.

I've searched the entire cygwin directory structure for another *as.exe, 
but none can be found, so I'm convinced that the build process is not 
producing a cross assembler.  I think the same is true for the loader, 
but I haven't got that far yet.

I suspect that I may not be configuring properly before the build, but 
not sure what to look at.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in 
advance.

Dave
 




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list