gcc 3.4.0 testsuit gives over 5000 g++ errors

Paul C. Leopardi leopardi@bigpond.net.au
Sun May 2 15:31:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I've run the gcc test suite for the first time today, for gcc 3.4.0.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-05/msg00080.html
There were over 5000 g++ errors. With this many errors, I must have configured
something wrong. Where do I start in diagnosing the problem?

Usually the root cause of this sort of catastrophic error turns out to be that
I didn't read something crucial in the documentation, that I interpreted the
documentation differently from the author's intent, or that the author
assumed something which does not apply to me (like how much I know).

So which was it?
Thanks