installing gcc as cross compiler

llewelly@xmission.com llewelly@xmission.com
Tue Mar 30 18:07:00 GMT 2004


Ali Zaher <akz00@aub.edu.lb>  writes:

> Dear Sir/Madam
> 
> I have downloaded binutils-2.14, gcc-3.3.3, gdb-6.0 and newlib-1.12.0. I am
> trying to cross compile GCC on  linux machine i686-pc-linux-gnu, for a m68040
> target machine. I tried first to start by configuring binutils, but I received
> the following error:
> *** The command 'gcc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c' failed.
> *** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
> 
> Can any body tell me where I can find precompiled versions of GCC? and how can I
> install it on my machine?

The install CDs will usually have gcc binaries. If not, you can
    download them from your linux distribution's web
    page. Unfortunately, every linux distro does these things a bit
    differently, so I cannot give you more precise instructions.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list