Help, zillions of undefined references
Eric Evans
eje4@cornell.edu
Thu Mar 4 21:16:00 GMT 2004
> > I have a problem with a make I'm trying to do that is resulting in
> > lots and lots of undefined reference errors (see excerpt from error
> > output at end of message). The programmer who wrote the program has
> > no idea why all the functions are not being linked in. He says it
> > ought to work, and he's basically washed his hands of the thing and
> > tells me that it is up to me to deal with the problem. In my web
> > searching I came across a message from a guy who said that the
> > __gxx_personality_v0 reference error could be fixed by using LD=$(CXX)
> > in the Makefile, but I tried that and it didn't work. I am using gcc
> > 3.2.2 on RH linux version 9. I'm using the default make program that
> > comes with RH 9. Is this a problem that could be fixed by switching
> > to a different version of gcc or a different version of make? Is
> > there some linker option in the Makefile that I need to set in order
> > to get this thing to work? Unfortunately I have little knowledge of
> > gcc and make. Any advice I could get on how to proceed to
> > troubleshoot this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very
> > much.
>
>Start by posting the exact command line which causes the error.
OK, here it is:
/usr/bin/g++296 -o tsnake -g -L/usr/local/tsnake_new/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
main.o xwindow.o make_pulldown.o snaxel.o
contour.o tsnake.o dymprog.o io.o image.o lmesqCC.o
fileDialogs.o InterestingArea.o parameterDialogs.o
minimization.o bSpline.o cutting.o liblimin.a -ltiff -lm -lXm -lXt -lX11
If anybody has any ideas about how I should proceed to try to eliminate all
these undefined references, I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks very much.
Eric
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list