hpux configuration question

Robert A Nesius rnesius@ichips.intel.com
Tue Mar 23 09:36:00 GMT 2004

Hi there,
I'm trying to figure out how to build a gcc on HPUX 11.00
such that the gcc emits hppa2.0 binaries by default, not
hppa1.1 binaries without having to stick -march=2.0 in
the specs files, or on the command line.  That is, I'd
gcc to 'just do it', so to speak.  I'm not completely
adverse to modifying the specs file somehow but I've
run into complications in the past using this approach.

I can get gcc's that emit 64 bit hppa2.0 binaries, and
32 bit hppa1.1 binaries.  I can't seem to find the magic
configure line.  Is this even possible?

Thanks,

-Rob

--