sparc-sun-solaris2.6:- C++ cross-compiler

Phil Prentice philp.cheer@btinternet.com
Mon Mar 22 08:52:00 GMT 2004


Hi

	Recently I have built a 2.95.3 'C' compiler which runs under Linux and 
targets the Solaris 2.6.  However I now also require a C++ X-compiler.  I 
tried building one, again using the 2.95.3 sources.  I did build a 
cross-compiler, but the make did fail around ( a missing Makefile problem).

	My main concern at the moment is how the C++ header files come into 
existance.  For the straight 'C' compiler I use the headers from /usr/include 
and the libraries from /usr/lib (from the target machine) to build the 
X-compiler.  Should these also be sufficient to build the C++ compiler or 
should I be obtaining some C++ header files from elswhere?

	It may be that the build is not completing correctly and that could be my 
problem.  I am configuring the X-compiler as:-

configure --enable-languages=c++ --target=sparc-sun-solaris2.6
				 --with-headers=<header dir> --with-lib=<library dir>

  If you are able to help, I would be grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks.

Regards

Phil Prentice



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list