g77, cygwin, Win XP Pro, CALL System(Command, Status)

Eljay Love-Jensen eljay@adobe.com
Thu Mar 18 18:22:00 GMT 2004

Hi Lars,

 >How can I test if the routine CALL System works correct?

I do not know.  I am not familiar with FORTRAN or the vagaries of its CALL
System.  I suspect that CALL System is very platform dependent.

 >Is it possible that the routine does not send the 'command' to the active
win-XP-shell?

I would expect that the CALL System command should launch a brand new
shell, not interact with the active win-XP-shell.

But I'm beyond my knowledge, so it's utter speculative guesswork.

Sorry,
--Eljay