Questionable C/C++ statement

Dave Gotwisner Dave.Gotwisner@harmonicinc.com
Thu Jun 24 18:36:00 GMT 2004

Interesting.  Using -pedantic with 3.2 gives a warning t.cc:7: warning: ISO
C++ forbids variable-size array 'buf`, but none of the others you mention.
I don't have g++ 3.3 available.  Saurabh's response indicates it's legal
according to ISO C99.

Thanks, everyone.

	Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Eljay Love-Jensen [mailto:eljay@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:43 AM
To: Dave Gotwisner; 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'
Subject: Re: Questionable C/C++ statement

Hi Dave,

GCC's g++ found some errors in the code, for me.

--Eljay

$ g++ -pedantic -W -Wall questionable.cpp
question.cpp: In function `void foo()':
question.cpp:7: error: ISO C++ forbids variable-size array `buf'
question.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
question.cpp:22: warning: unused parameter `int ac'
question.cpp:22: warning: unused parameter `char**av'

$ g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.3.1 (cygming special)