isalnum not declared CODE

Nikolai Nezlobin nezlobin@ece.umn.edu
Thu Jun 17 09:47:00 GMT 2004


Claudio,

I tried Cygwin and GCC 3.4.0 and received the same isalnum error.  Below are
the lines related either to ctype.h or isalnum that I found in main.ii in
Cygwin (extern int isalnum (int) throw () was absent).


Eljay,

My Linux filesystem is case sensitive, Cygwin is not.  Did you try make?
Did not it give you the 'isalnum' error? Tweaking is not a good solution for
me, because the code is rather complicated.  I suspect that my problem is
related to the problem discussed in the thread (I did not participate in it)

http://os2ports.com/pipermail/ux2bs/Week-of-Mon-20030825/001090.html

# 1 "/usr/include/ctype.h" 1 3 4
extern "C" {
int __attribute__((__cdecl__)) isalnum (int __c);
}

# 50 "/usr/include/c++/3.3.1/cctype" 2 3
# 66 "/usr/include/c++/3.3.1/cctype" 3
namespace std
{
using ::isalnum;
}

# 49 "/usr/include/c++/3.3.1/bits/localefwd.h" 2 3
namespace std
{
class locale;
template<typename _CharT>
inline bool
isalnum(_CharT, const locale&);

# 1892 "/usr/include/c++/3.3.1/bits/locale_facets.h" 2 3

template<typename _CharT>
inline bool
isalnum(_CharT __c, const locale& __loc)
{ return use_facet<ctype<_CharT> >(__loc).is(ctype_base::alnum, __c); }

Sincerely,

Nikolai



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list