Array size problem

Sisyphus kalinabears@iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 19 05:17:00 GMT 2004

Justinas wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Probably it is unavaiable such a big continous memory area, try to solve this with aray with pointers to smaller areas. Could you mail me a source code, i'll try this on WinXP box(i have one @ work).

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
     float a[7000000];
     printf("DONE\n");
}

If you request a sufficiently large block of memory you should get the
runtime popup reporting the "unknown software exception". On linux
you'll get a "segmentation fault".

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail
server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an