how to truly override a specs file

Dave Murphy wintermute2k4@ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 13 10:15:00 GMT 2004

just rename the parts of the main spec file you wish to override like so :-

%rename link		old_link
%rename endfile		old_endfile

*link:
-T gba_er.ld%s %(old_link)

*startfile:
er_crt0%O%s

this is from a specs fragment I used to get rid of the extra crt files and
insert a custom linkscript for a particular subtarget.

Dave