Standard Library Template Error

Eduardo Lidanski jesus_edu@gmx.net
Wed Jul 7 08:44:00 GMT 2004


hello ....
how can i unsuscribe from the list?
thanks,
Eduardo

llewelly@xmission.com wrote:

>Janet Borzuchowski <borzuj@stamps.stortek.com> writes:
>
>  
>
>>Hi,
>>	We recently switched from gcc 2.8.1 to gcc 3.3.  When compiling, I get 
>>the following errors:
>>    
>>
>
>
>I'm sorry, but without seeing a short but releveant code example, one
>    can only guess why.
>
>The streams library shipped with 3.3 aims for compliance with the 1998
>    ISO C++ standard. It is radically different from the 1990 ARM C++
>    streams library 2.8.1 shipped with. If your code makes much use of
>    custom stream buffers and such, you're in for some work.
>
>  
>
>>	
>>..... Compiling 
>>/proj/vulture/wrk/swangdr/pt_1470630.dt/small_tape.pj/cctu.ss/dmptool.cmp/DataGr
>>oup.cc
>>..... Into 
>>/proj/vulture/wrk/swangdr/pt_1470630.dt/small_tape.pj/cctu.ss/dmptool.cmp/DataGr
>>oup.o
>>/apps/gcc-3.3/include/c++/3.3/bits/basic_ios.h: In instantiation of 
>>`std::basic_ios<char, NamedData>':
>>/proj/vulture/wrk/swangdr/pt_1470630.dt/small_tape.pj/cctu.ss/dmptool.cmp/DataGr
>>oup.cc:483:   instantiated fro
>>m `std::basic_ostream<char, NamedData>'
>>    
>>
>
>Why are you instantiating a basic_ostream on char and NamedData? If
>    NamedData is a traits class, it needs typedefs for pos_type,
>    int_type, and off_type. If it isn't a traits class, it doesn't
>    belong in basic_ostream's parameter list.
>
>[snip]
>  
>
>>	There are no types int_type, pos_type and off_type in class NamedData or 
>>in any of our files.  How do I get rid of these errors?  I've played but to no 
>>avail.  These errors did not occur in 2.8.1.
>>    
>>
>[snip]
>
>2.8.1 did not have a basic_ostream class template at all. So I don't
>    think these errors are simply due to migration - something else
>    must have been changed as well. (Possibly, you were using a
>    3rd-party implementation of the standard library?)
>
>
>  
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list