Declaring automatic variables inside a while loop

Claudio Bley bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Jan 21 16:02:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 04:31:50AM -0800, Felix Lee wrote:
> Claudio Bley <bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>:
> > What is an "automatic" variable? I never heard of such a thing.
>
> it's in the standard.  it's what stack variables are called.
> C has a type keyword 'auto' that nobody uses because it's usually
> unnecessary.

Thanks for your input. I was just wondering because I never came
across this term.

Regards.
--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X