GCC version 3.3.2
Eljay Love-Jensen
eljay@adobe.com
Tue Jan 13 21:38:00 GMT 2004
Hi Liz,
Here's my build script for GCC 3.3.1 on Solaris 8:
--- Eljay's Uber GCC33 Build Script (Bash) ---
# CLEAN
test -d ../gcc33 && rm -rf ../gcc33
rm -rf gcc libiberty sparc-sun-solaris2.8 Makefile mh-frag config.cache config.status
# CONFIGURE
PATH=/net/hither/export/share/gcc-3.2/bin:/bin:/usr/bin \
../gcc-3.3.1/configure \
--prefix=/export/home3/eljay/gcc33 \
--enable-languages=c,c++ \
--with-gnu-as \
--with-as=/net/hither/export/share/gcc-3.2/bin/as \
--with-gnu-ld \
--with-ld=/net/hither/export/share/gcc-3.2/bin/ld \
--enable-threads \
--enable-shared \
--enable-clocale=gnu \
--disable-__cxa_atexit
# Linux only, not for Solaris: --enable-__cxa_atexit
# BUILD
PATH=/net/hither/export/share/gcc-3.2/bin:/bin:/usr/bin make -j 4 CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2' LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates' bootstrap-lean
# INSTALL
mkdir ../gcc33
make install
--- end-of-script ---
Note, I'm building for myself, not for general use. So you'll notice that the target directory is ../gcc33, just off of my home directory.
I also use ~/gcc-3.3.1 for the source. And ~/gcc-3.3.1-build (the current working directory, with the aforementioned uber script) for the build location.
I've also took the trouble to fix the wide character support problem on Solaris. I don't know if that has been fixed for GCC 3.3.2 ... but it is a known issue and if not 3.3.2 then by 3.4 I'm betting.
Caution: there may be spurious line-breaks introduced by the mail protocol. Especially the # BUILD section ... that's one long line there.
And a final caution: GCC is very sensitive (and smart and savvy) to the Solaris in which it is compiled upon. It patches many of the Solaris "stock" header files, and holds them in a GCC special cache location. If you patch your Solaris 8, those system files may change... which in turn means you REALLY should re-build GCC. Just to be safe.
HTH,
--Eljay
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list