compiling sys/types.h from cygwin ????

Graham Walsh graham_walsh50@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:51:00 GMT 2004


Hi,

I'm new to this gnu stuff to bear with me if this is a dumb ass question:


GOAL:

To write unix style socket and pthreads style code on a windows XP machine.


ENVIRONMENT:

GNU G++ compiler, version 3.2

Cygwin package, the latest as installed from their website:


PROBLEM:


I have a dumb server.cpp which is this;


#include <sys/types.h>
int main(int argc, char** argv) { return 0};


Couldn't be much simpler than that, I think you'll agree....


However this fails to compile! All I've done is invoke the compiler and 
direct it to c:\cygwin\usr\include when searching the include path. It's 
bombing out with myriad errors in included source headers.


REQUEST:


Whats the error here? Is this a G++ compiler version issue or a cygwin 
header issue? Again, all I want to do is program a socket client/server on 
this XP machine without having to use the MS socket API.  Is there a 
preprocessor directive I need to issue with g++? I'm open to any suggestions 
but am at a loss at the moment.



Thanks much for any help you can provide.


Cheers,


GrahamO

_________________________________________________________________
Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! 
http://shopping.msn.com/softcontent/softcontent.aspx?scmId=1418



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list