Some questions about IA64 cross compiler and possible RPM spec

Lew Newby Jr. lnewby@cadence.com
Thu Jan 29 16:10:00 GMT 2004

Hello folks,
	Ok, I have gotten a gcc-3.2.3 i386-linux --> ia64-linux cross
compiler built and it works fine using binutils-2.14, and glibc-2.2.4
with linuxthreads. I have a script that does this very nicely based off
of some of the original scripts from the crossgcc FAQ.

First question is this. Has anyone put together an RPM Spec file to
package this up into an RPM?

Second, what is the minimum include and library files I would need?
Currently I am using a very large set to build this.

I am a sys admin and not a developer so my background doesn't aid me too
much in this but the company I am working for is using the Xcompiler to
create product for the IA64 platform from large i386 build farms rather
than spending mega$ on IA64 systems. I would like to be able to install
this as an RPM package and be able to actually manage it when changes
are needed.

Lew Newby Jr.
Sr. Linux Architect
SACC Inc.