how to compile a program that uses threads and semaphores?
lrtaylor@micron.com
lrtaylor@micron.com
Tue Jan 27 01:35:00 GMT 2004
For the threads part, at least, you need to link your program to the
pthreads library. Do this by adding '-pthread' to your link command
line. Not sure about the semaphores, though...
Cheers,
Lyle
-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
Behalf Of Andre Kirchner
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 6:33 PM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: how to compile a program that uses threads and semaphores?
Hi,
How do I compile a program that uses threads and
semaphores? Although I included thread.h and
semaphore.h in my program, gcc keeps saying that it
can't find references to sem_wait, sem_post, sem_init
and pthread_create.
I'm using gcc 3.2.2 on a RedHat 9 box
Thanks,
Andre
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list