gcc compile error on Solaris

S D sh302@lycos.com
Thu Jan 22 23:35:00 GMT 2004


Hello,
I am trying to compile gcc-3.3.2 on Solaris 9, 64-bit.
I currently have the gcc-3.3.2 downloaded and installed
from sunfreeware.com.  I need to compile a 64-bit version.
I get the following error. Any advice is appreciated.

# isainfo -kv
64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules

# uname -srvmpi
SunOS 5.9 Generic_112233-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

#../gcc-3.3.2/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.3.2-64 --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --disable-nls --enable-threads=posix --enable-shared sparcv9-sun-solaris2.9

# make bootstrap
   ....
   ....
../../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/real.h:67: error: size of array `test_real_width' is negative
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gengenrtl.o'
Current working directory /export/gcc-3.3.2-64-objdir/gcc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `stage2_build'
Current working directory /export/gcc-3.3.2-64-objdir/gcc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bootstrap'


Shane


____________________________________________________________
Get advanced SPAM filtering on Webmail or POP Mail ... Get Lycos Mail!
http://login.mail.lycos.com/r/referral?aid=27005



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list