gcc-3.3.2 mips-sgi-irix6.5 IP32 can't get past stage1
Flash Fyre
flashfyre_2000@yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 23:36:00 GMT 2004
Hi,
I'm trying to build gcc-3.3.2 on a couple of SGI
machines and although one built/installed okay the
other seems to fail randomly in stage one.
The machine that is okay is an Indigo2, IRIX 6.5.4m,
MIPSpro cc version 7.2.1. It's an IP22, R4400 running
at 250 Mhz.
The machine that is having problems is an O2, IRIX
6.5.12m, MIPSpro cc version 7.30. It's an IP32, R5000
running at 200 Mhz.
Configuration is identical on both:
CC='cc -n32'
--disable-multilib
--enable-languages=c,c++
Build command is identical on both:
gmake bootstrap
The host/build targets come up the same for both,
"mips-sgi-irix6.5". On the IP32 the stage1 build keeps
failing in different places.
Here are two samples:
Try #1:
-------
...
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/
-B/usr/local/scooby/gcc-install/mips-sgi-irix6.5/bin/
-g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional
-pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I../gcc-3.3.2/gcc -I../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/.
-I../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/config
-I../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/../include -c insn-output.c \
-o insn-output.o
insn-output.c: In function `output_306':
insn-output.c:2855: internal compiler error:
Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for
instructions.
gmake[2]: *** [insn-output.o] Error 1
Try #2:
-------
...
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/
-B/usr/local/scooby/gcc-install/mips-sgi-irix6.5/bin/
-c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional
-pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I../gcc-3.3.2/gcc -I../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/.
-I../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/config
-I../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/../include
../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/c-typeck.c -o c-typeck.o
../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/c-typeck.c: In function
`default_function_array_conversion':
../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/c-typeck.c:838: internal compiler
error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for
instructions.
gmake[2]: *** [c-typeck.o] Error 1
So I am not sure what to do, it is a different failure
each time I untar the source and run the same
configure options. My gut feeling is either I need to
turn down the optimizations for stage1 or maybe the
hardware is flakey?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
---
Flash
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes
http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list