incompatibility of gcc(s)

didier dtq@wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 13 21:40:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

Could you help me ?

I have installed the source 3.3.1 version of gcc on my linux system (Red
Hat 7.2) by compiling it with a prior version of gcc (2.96.98), a binary
version comming in a RPM archive.

The installation ran very well but when I tried to compile a simple
program I met the error message "undefined reference to
-Unwind_Resume_or_RethrowGCC_3.3". With google I discovered the problem
came from a prior installation of gcc.

That's nice, but how to solve this problem : installing a sourve version
of gcc with a preexisting gcc, that give a incompatibily error when
compiling a program ?

Thancks

Didier