C++ Optimization with g++
law@redhat.com
law@redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 22:06:00 GMT 2004
In message <363801FFD7B74240A329CEC3F7FE4CC40215DA27@ntxboimbx07.micron.com>, l
rtaylor@micron.com writes:
>Hi David,
>
>UBS? Is that the one in Geneva?
>
>Anyway, if you compiled with -g and you don't get any more info than
>that in GDB, I'm not sure what to tell you. That's what I'd expect if
>you stripped the binary, but not just after a debug build... Are you
>starting GDB like this: gdb /path/to/app core? Are you running GDB
>using the installed application, or just a debug version in your build
>directory? If using an installed version, is it getting stripped during
>the install process? If so, you might try disabling the stripping so
>that you don't lose all of your symbol information.
>
>Otherwise, I think I've used up my usefulness. :-)
To me it looks like somehow he jumped to location zero. When I see that
I usually use x/x $sp to get some data off the stack in the hopes that
I can find return addresses buried in the stack which can point me
towards the code which jumped or called to 0.
jeff
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list