[I already sent a message to the mailing list but it got rejected
as spam. So, this is my second try and I thought I'd just include
you in the To: list]
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 06:36:24AM -0800, Kevin Stedman wrote:
> Is there an example someplace on how this is used. I
> am getting errors trying to compile the code below on
> the line that uses the stdio_filebuf.
>
> when i compile I get these error msgs:
>
> 'lp_buf' undeclared
>
> parse error before 'lp_pipe'
Obviously, you haven't read the comment in the header and you failed to
realize that stdio_filebuf is a template class.
Try this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <iostream>
#include <ext/stdio_filebuf.h>
#include <cstdio>
#include <unistd.h>
typedef __gnu_cxx::stdio_filebuf<char> stdiobuf;
using namespace std;
int main()
{
FILE* p = popen ("cat", "w");
if (p != NULL)
{
stdiobuf p_buf (p, ios::out);
ostream p_out (&p_buf);
p_out << "foo\n" << "foo\n" << "bar\n" ;
p_out.flush ();
pclose (p);
} else {
cerr << "failed to open pipe." << endl;
}
}
----------------------------------------------------------------------
HTH
--
Claudio Bley ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user - against HTML email X
http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bley/ & vCards / \