Using the GCC IR

lrtaylor@micron.com lrtaylor@micron.com
Mon Feb 9 19:29:00 GMT 2004

"GPL side-stepping"?  What do you mean?

Lyle

-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
Behalf Of Ian Lance Taylor
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 10:19 PM
To: Rohit Gulati
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Using the GCC IR

"Rohit Gulati" <rgulati@cadence.com> writes:

> Can I get access to the IR generated by GCC. I know how to dump the
> IR to file. Is there a way to access the IR in memory (walk the IR).

Well, sure.  gcc code does it all the time.  Look at the source, and
read the internals manual.

There is no way to have gcc write out the internal representation,
modify it yourself, and then invoke the backend on the result.  gcc
does not read in the internal representation.  This is intentional,
due to concerns about GPL side-stepping.

Ian