link with vc6 dll

Aleksei Andevis aleksei@andevis.ee
Fri Feb 6 14:30:00 GMT 2004


Hello All!

I have followng problem
some dll - which I try build under gcc 3.3.1
used STL Port dll - but this dll is builded
under VC6 - so I have 1 lib (assumed as import lib)
and 1 dll (this dll is stripped - so I can't used NM for make def. file)
When I try build(linking process) together - I recieved
undefined reference to `_STL::........'

and this every time - neither I pass stl_port.lib in linking libraries or
stl_port.dll
I am using MinGw 3.3.1 (together with MinGw Developer studio)
but same problem under CygWin

So , question , is any problem when I try linking VC6 builded libraries /dll
or I can pass some parameter in linking options ?
Is any critical diffirencies between VC and GCC builded libraries ?

Thank you



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list