error: definition of static data member '%s' of dllimport'd class

Aleksei Andevis aleksei@andevis.ee
Tue Feb 3 14:52:00 GMT 2004

Hello!
I am ported some code from VC6 under gcc
and using actually gcc 3.3.1 (minGW-build 08-04-2003)
under Win32
Idea this code to hide Implement's from header file
for cross-platforms compatibility

but I  see some strange problem under gcc:
------------------------------------
error: definition of static data member '
VariablesImpl Variables::m_Impl' of dllimport'd class.
for follows code:
class _SHARED_PLATFORM_EXPORT VariablesImpl;

class _SHARED_PLATFORM_EXPORT Variables
{
public:
static MyString GetEnvVariable(const MyString strName);
static void SetEnvVariable(const MyString strName, const MyString strValue);

private:
static VariablesImpl m_Impl;
};