cross compiling gcc for mips

Ian Lance Taylor ian@airs.com
Fri Dec 31 15:00:00 GMT 2004


Mudeem Iqbal <mudeem@Quartics.com> writes:

> I am building a toolchain for mips platform. I am using
> 
> binutils-2.15
> gcc-3.4.3
> glibc-2.3.3
> linux-2.6.9	(from linux-mips.org)
> 
> First I built binutils and now I was setting up the bootstrap compiler.
> However when I do "make all-gcc" I get the following errors.
> 
> 
> In file included from ./gthr-default.h:1,
>                  from ../../gcc-3.4.3/gcc/gthr.h:96,
>                  from ../../gcc-3.4.3/gcc/unwind-dw2.c:42:
> ../../gcc-3.4.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:43:21: pthread.h: No such file or directory
> ../../gcc-3.4.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:44:20: unistd.h: No such file or directory

You didn't indicate what target you configured for.  I would speculate
that it was something like mips-linux-gnu, as that generally leads to
this type of error.  Doing a cross-bootstrap for GNU/Linux is not a
task for the uninitiated.  To start the learning process, see
    http://kegel.com/crosstool/

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list