Please Help Me with Dev-C++

jlh jlh@gmx.ch
Tue Dec 28 12:01:00 GMT 2004

Sisyphus wrote:
> I don't think this is the right place for questions concerning how to
> write C code

Right.  I think he's rather asking on how to make Dev-C++/Mingw work properly.
The problem doesn't look like it's a programming error.  A place to start
would be here:

http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

That's where Dev-C++ can be downloaded and it's also the place where
one should ask when experiencing problems with Dev-C++.

> The above line doesn't produce any errors for me, but I believe it
> should really be:
>
> int main(void)

As of my understandings (which might of course be wrong), "int main()" is just
as correct as "int main(void)".  AFAIK, "int main(void)" would even be incorrect
in C++.

jlh