Ancient Fortran, help please

Benjamin Joseph benjo@u.washington.edu
Sat Dec 18 04:51:00 GMT 2004

Guys,

I have this horrible fortran problem.  I've got this ancient fortran code
that refuses to compile any compiler except Intel Fortran Compiler--which
is a problem because the computer we're running on is an Opteron, which is
an AMD chipset.

If I try to compile it with g77 I get the following error:
------------
DATA TYPE      /'VHF     ','MINITRCK','C-BAND  ','S-BAND  ',
                          ^
Type disagreement between expressions at (?) and (^)

I've searched the archives and have gotten some useful information, but it
doesn't seem to solve the problem.  Here's the relevant post:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1999-11n/msg00535.html

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be eternally
grateful.

-Ben