[gnu.org #216598] Hi, Need Linux gcc

John Sullivan via RT info@fsf.org
Mon Dec 13 22:22:00 GMT 2004

> Hi,
>
> This is Vedula. I recently installed red hat 9.1 in my
> PC and suprigingly it did not have gcc. Yesterday
> fullday i searched the web and i did not find a
> readyly usable binary.
>
> I am looking for a readyly usable binary for Linux
> gcc.
>
> May i know wherei can get it?

Hello,

You should be able to install GCC using your package management system
under Red Hat.

I suggest you use the Red Hat support channels open to you, since this
is a question about installing GCC on a specific distribution.

You could also try one of the GCC help mailing lists. Information
about those lists can be found at <http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html>. You
should also look at the GCC home page and FAQ, which can be found at
<http://gcc.gnu.org>.

Hope that helps.

--

Sincerely,

John Sullivan
Program Administrator

Free Software Foundation	Phone: (617)542-5942
59 Temple Place, Suite 330	Fax:   (617)542-2652
Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA	Email: info@fsf.org
http://member.fsf.org		GPG:   AE8600B6