Cross compiling for vxworks

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda lepalom@wol.es
Thu Dec 2 18:15:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I would like to create a environment using gcc for building code to run in a
vxworks platform in Pentium box.

I don't have any experience in this "problem", so I have tried to leard a lot
and read the information found. I understood that gcc-2,95 is a good choice,
because the gcc 3.x seems to have some problems with vxworks.

I have compiled the binutils-2.15 :
export TARGET=i686-wrs-vxworks
export prefix=/home/palomo/VxWorks/cross/i686-wrs-vxworks
./configure --target=${TARGET} --prefix=${PREFIX}

The first "error" that I have found is:
checking target system type... i686-wrs-vxworks
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libiberty
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
*** removing intl/Makefile to force reconfigure
*** removing libiberty/Makefile to force reconfigure

however the compilation goes fine and no more problems found.

Now the process to compile gcc, I use:
/configure --target=${TARGET} --prefix=${PREFIX} --with-headers='the place
where I have the headers of Tornado'

the configure program works ok, but when I compile it, I have this error:
. -I. -I./config -I./../include -c -DL${name} \
       ./libgcc2.c -o ${name}.o; \
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit 1; fi; \
  i686-wrs-vxworks-ar rc tmplibgcc2.a ${name}.o; \
  rm -f ${name}.o; \
done
_muldi3
_divdi3
_moddi3
_udivdi3
_umoddi3
_negdi2
_lshrdi3
_ashldi3
_ashrdi3
_ffsdi2
_udiv_w_sdiv
_udivmoddi4
_cmpdi2
_ucmpdi2
_floatdidf
/tmp/ccQ8IIfp.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccQ8IIfp.s:138: Error: alignment not a power of 2
make[1]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1

I have searched in the net, list, etc. I have found similar problem but not
clear solution. Please, could someone help me.

Best regards,

Leo