building gcc 3.2.3 on FreeBSD 4.10

Paolo Supino vrkid@yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 14:56:00 GMT 2004

Hi

  I've been given the asignment of building GCC 3.2.3 on FreeBSD 4.10.
It should have been a straight through process (I used --prefix=/port
--enable-shared --enable-thread=posix), but I've run into a problem
that GCC is built without WCHAR support (and it is required). I've read
the FAQ and read the thread it points out. I tried to do the manual
steps mentioned in the thread, but than GCC fails to build. I tried to
adapt the patch mentioned there as well, but the patch fails at a
certain point and I didn't find a way to make it work (didn't finish
writing the email with the full description of what I did).
  Anyone has any suggestions on what I need to do to successfully build
GCC with WCHAR support?

Paolo