problem in extended asm

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Fri Aug 13 18:57:00 GMT 2004

  ...The other problem being his attempt to smuggle the variable 'i' into
the asm.

  But I'm curious now:  doesn't the array reference degenerate to a pointer
like it would if you passed it to a function that requires a pointer to
whatever type the array is of?  Or does it (or should it) follow the
(machine and abi)-dependent rules for whether or not small structs are
passed byval or reference in the calling convention?

    cheers,
      DaveK