Anyone knowlegable about valgrind ? Was: Re: g77 and valgrind error?

bvds@bvds.geneva.edu bvds@bvds.geneva.edu
Fri Aug 6 22:35:00 GMT 2004

>I do not know anything about valgrind, but the Fortran code is perfectly
>OK.  It uses an automatic array x in subroutine fsub that is dimensioned
>using the dummy argument i, which is an extension of Fortran 77, but
>allowed in Fortran 90 and supported by g77.

Yes, the code itself is OK...
Another detail that I forgot to mention is that the valgrind
error goes away when i=350.  Is there anything about memory
allocation in g77 that would change with increasing i?

I have also put this question to the valgrind people, but
*they* probably don't know much about g77.

BvdS