gcc-3.2 Solaris 8 sun4u Enterprise 450 build/config info

wadedl@gat.com wadedl@gat.com
Tue Aug 3 16:07:00 GMT 2004

Dear gcc-help:

   I built gcc-3.2 under Solaris 8 with some difficulty until I found the
right configuration options. I thought my build info might help anyone
else trying to do this:

Sun architecture: sun4u ( Enterprise 450 )

Solaris 8 2/02 patched 8_Recommended and J2SE_Solaris_8_Recommended, installed
with 64 bit support.

pkgadd'ed into /usr/local:

SMCgzip (sparc) 1.2.4a
SMCmake (sparc) 3.79.1
SMCbison (sparc) 1.28
SMCflex (sparc) 2.5.4a
SMCbinut (sparc) 2.11.2
SMCgcc (sparc) 3.2

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

../gcc-3.2/configure -prefix=/usr/local/gnu \
-exec-prefix=/usr/local/gnu \
--with-gnu-ld \
--with-gnu-as \
--with-as=/usr/local/bin/as \
--with-ld=/usr/local/bin/ld \
--enable-shared

Yours,
David L. Wade

David L. Wade                                EMail: David.Wade@gat.com
Senior Systems Programmer Analyst                     Ph. 858-455-3342
General Atomics                                       Fx. 858-455-2692
3550 General Atomics Court                San Diego, California  92121