help installing gcc???

llewelly@xmission.com llewelly@xmission.com
Mon Apr 19 21:18:00 GMT 2004

alison waller <awaller@chem-eng.utoronto.ca> writes:

> I have just installed Fedora on a partition of my hard drive.
>
> However, upon trying to compile a program (using make) that I had
> downloaded (clustalw) I realized that I didn't have gcc.
>
> I tried to install it from my second disk, but there was an error.

This sounds like a Fedora or redhat issue - please ask your question
    in an appropriate forum, like comp.os.linux.redhat .

> Now, when trying to make I get the following message.

If your install of gcc is partially broken, you probably can't trust
    it. Get a new binary from your OS implementor, and re-install it.

[snip]
> I cannot install it from the disk for some reason.  I have also tried
> using an rpm, but have failed.

I'm sorry, but it's impossible (for me) to tell what is wrong here; it
    could be hardware, configuration, user error, alpha particles
    ... I don't know. You haven't provided enough detail.