GCC output to a directory

lrtaylor@micron.com lrtaylor@micron.com
Fri Apr 2 01:54:00 GMT 2004

On UNIX, you can use the dirname and basename commands to get the
directory and file name, respectively, from a fully qualified path.
That would make it easy to do in scripts.

Cheers,
Lyle

-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
Behalf Of Eddie Diener
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 6:51 PM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: GCC output to a directory

Did I miss it in the GCC or is there really no way to specify that the
output go to a specific directory ? I can see where one can direct the
output to a specific name, via the -o option, which allows one to
specify a
full path specification, but I don't see where one can just specify the
output directory without having to specify the full output name. The
latter
would be useful in scripts and batch files where separating a filename
from
the full path specification is not that easy, while providing an output
directory and letting GCC automatically put the appropriately named
output
files there is a good deal simpler.