Error during "make bootstrap" during GCC 3.3 Creation
Frank Krauss
fmfkrauss@mindspring.com
Sat Apr 17 12:32:00 GMT 2004
Good day,
While attempting to update my GCC to the 3.3 Level,
during the "make bootstrap" step, it failed with the following messages:
../../gcc/ggc-common.c: In function `ggc_rlimit_bound':
../../gcc/ggc-common.c:294: storage size of `rlim' isn't known
../../gcc/ggc-common.c:294: warning: unused variable `rlim'
When I searched on Google, I came across a mention of the exact same
problem in the GNU GCC Mailing list Archive, number gcc03062512, dated
6/25/03, from Joseph Lien.
I never saw any mention of the solution of the problem.
Would someone be kind enough to tell me how I can resolve this problem?
My environment is the following:
Computer - Pentium II
O/S - Linux
Distribution - Caldera 2.3
Kernel - 2.4.22
GCC being executed - egcs-2.91.66
GCC being created - 3.3
GLIBC - libc.so.6
Binutils - 2.12
Modutils - 2.4.15
Util-linux - 2.11q
Any assistance you can give me so that I can solve this problem will
be greatly appreciated.
Yours truly,
Frank Krauss
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list