ld error tracing

gnuml gnuml@bootweb.nl
Fri Apr 9 12:34:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

In my previous posts I was unsuccessfully trying to compile a C file,
because of a possible bug in gcc. gcc generated an invalid assembler
label.
So now I am trying to compile & link the files the manual way. I run
'cc1' on my source file, no problem.
I manually edit the .s (assembler) file and correct the invalid label
problem, and run 'as' on the result. Again, no problem.
However, when I use the exact same collect2 command & parameters as gcc
uses when linking, all I get is a '/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad
value' error. Is there a way of finding out where exactly things go wrong?
The error message is not really descriptive...
Thanks for any help!

Martin