WELCOME to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Sun Sep 14 13:55:00 GMT 2003

On Sep 13, 2003, "Allen Williams" <anw@csunv.com> wrote:

> I can't find the (relatively new) static_cast, dynamic_cast, etc. in the GCC
> manual.

The GCC manual does not document the languages it compiles.  That's
something left for language standardization committees.  Only GCC
extensions or limitations are documented.  Since the Standard C++
new-style casts aren't either, they're not documented in the manual.

> Can anyone point me to documentation on how to use these?

You can get a copy of the ISO C++ Standard directly from the standards
bodies.