g77-3.2.2

Toon Moene toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Thu Sep 4 21:23:00 GMT 2003


Luigi Bedin wrote:

>  I need to program in FORTRAN 77.
> 
> Now, I switch from DIGITAL workstations to PC with Linux, 
> and I use g77-3.2.2 as compiler. 
> 
>  I have the following BIG problem. 
> 
> Apparently I can not run a single jobs which occupies 
> more RAM memory than 892 Mb 
> (while my PC has ~2 Gb of ram, well seen by my 
> mandreake-enterprise 9.1). 

If you want to run > 1 Gbyte programs on a 32-bit GNU/Linux machine, you 
have to link it statically, i.e., use:

g77 -static ....

to link the final executable.

The reason is that the shared libraries are mapped from address 2^30 
onwards.

Hope this helps,

-- 
Toon Moene - mailto:toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG  Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc-g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list