__builtin_ia32_cmpltps and friends return wrong variable of variable?

Gerard Basler gbasler@ee.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 24 19:43:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to write a small program using sse intrinsics and I have the
following problem:

__builtin_ia32_cmpltps and friends return "v4si" but I think it should
be "v4sf"!? Even in the online manual is wrong?
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.1/gcc/X86-Built-in-Functions.htm

cmpltps is an sse instruction therefore "v4sf" should be returned.
"v4si" belongs to sse2!

This is the error message:

gcc-sse-test.cpp: In function `void CalcPixelRowMandel(int, unsigned
int*)':
gcc-sse-test.cpp:81: cannot convert `vector int' to `vector float' in
   assignment

I am now confused... please help!

Thanks.

Gérard