CLASSPATH Problem

Sathish_Dilip@chennai.tcs.co.in Sathish_Dilip@chennai.tcs.co.in
Mon Sep 22 05:19:00 GMT 2003

Hi All,
     I know that this is not the right place for a Java question, but still
it would be of great help if anyone could provide me some solution or
redirect me to an appropriate java mailing list.

     I have installed jdk1.3.1_02 on my linux box....... Then i wrote a
small program using swing components to display a frame with a label in it.
When I compile the program using javac i get the following error message

"Screen.java:10: error:Cannot find class "JPanel" [JLS 8] "

The reason for this error message is that the compiler cannot find the
class file for JPanel component. The JDK packages all the class files and
deliver it as a jar file, and in most of the cases these jar files are
located inside the lib directory.

     Thus I added the "/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02/jre/lib" path to my CLASSPATH
environment variable and compiled it, but still the error seems to exist.
Could anyone of u please throw some light on this issue.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sathish