Help with gcc3.2.2 on Red Hat Linux 9.0
Sudipta Sinha
ssinha@cs.unc.edu
Sat Sep 13 21:34:00 GMT 2003
Hello,
I have been trying to use gcc3.2.2 to compile C/C++ code on Red Hat Linux
9.0
This is the file I am trying to compile :
-------------------
try.C
--------------------
#include <vector>
using namespace std;
int main() {
return 1;
}
--------------------
and I get the following error :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr-default.h:37,
from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:98,
from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/c++io.h:37,
from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/bits/fpos.h:44,
from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/iosfwd:46,
from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/bits/stl_algobase.h:70,
from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/vector:67,
from try.C:1:
/usr/include/pthread.h:163: parse error before `__thread'
/usr/include/pthread.h:165: `pthread_create' declared as function returning a function
/usr/include/pthread.h:166: parse error before `void'
/usr/include/pthread.h:591: storage class specifiers invalid in parameter declarations
/usr/include/pthread.h:591: storage class specified for parameter `parameter'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have any of you seen this problem before ? This if the first time I am
using gcc3.2.2. I have been using gcc version 2.96 on Red Hat Linux 8.0
before. Never seen anything like this.
I believe that the above sample program is C++ Compliant.
Here is other information abt versions/platforms I am using.
>uname -a :
Linux hires33-cs.cs.unc.edu 2.4.20-19.9smp #1 SMP Tue Jul 15 17:04:18 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
--disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --host=i386-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)
========================================================================================
Some help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sudipta
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list