Versions of c/c++ symbols

Dhananjai M. Rao dmadhava@ececs.uc.edu
Sat Sep 6 18:35:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

Is there some mechanism in gcc with which I can place explicit versioning
information on c/c++ symbols (such as functions, globals, etc.)?  I know
GNU shared objects have explicit version information associated with them.
However, I do not know if gcc/g++ provide an explicit mechanism for
placing version information into the shared objects generated using the
gcc tools (using the -shared -fPIC options).

I will be thankful if anybody can provide some pointers into placing
version information using gcc/g++.

with regards
-DJ