g77

Dylan Powell dpowel3@umbc.edu
Fri Sep 5 16:07:00 GMT 2003

I am trying to run a fortran 77 program on my pentium 4 processor
running redhat 9.0 using g77. The data my program returns is bunk ("nan"
everywhere. I believe it has to do with the g77 compiler and my
inability to set the real and integer data types to 8 Bytes. The program
runs fine on my old IRIX fortran compiler with the command:
f77 -i8 -r8 -o a.out blah.f
Is there any way to set the data types in g77 to store 8 Bytes? Anything
similiar to the above?

Im sorry if youve revieved this email several times, Im having trouble
with my server.

Thanks,
Dylan Powell
UMBC/JCET