mapfile

Tony Wetmore tony.wetmore@solipsys.com
Tue Oct 28 17:15:00 GMT 2003

> > Does Linux/gcc support a mapfile syntax, so that we can hide/export
> > symbols in shared lib on Linux as well?
>
> ...if you declare functions or variables as being static... they
> will only be visible within that compilation unit...

Of course, code within the compilation unit can always pass (or return)
pointers to static elements to code outside the compilation unit.  I
have never done this across shared library boundaries, but I do not see
why it should fail.

Naturally, this might be a kind of kludgy solution to your problem. :)

---
Tony Wetmore
Raytheon Solipsys
mailto:tony.wetmore@solipsys.com