Why [cannot specify -o option with -c or -S]

HOLTZ, CORBIN L. (JSC-ER) (LM) corbin.l.holtz1@jsc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 27 19:36:00 GMT 2003

I don't know the reasons, I just remember seeing it a time or two due to
makefile problems.  It might have something to do with specifying multiple
source files in one command (in which case -o "something.o" wouldn't make
sense).  Maybe some real GCC experts can enlighten us both.

-----Original Message-----
From: Raghu Ram Murthy [mailto:me_rams@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 12:51 PM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: RE: Why [cannot specify -o option with -c or -S]

Thank you. I made some error while compiling. It might
be cause of some macros, but I am not sure but it is
working now. It is accepting both -c and -o options.
But I don't know why that error message is displayed.
Because now it is accepting both -c -o options and
earlier it said both cannot be occured. Could u please
say why?

--- "HOLTZ, CORBIN L. (JSC-ER) (LM)"

=====
P.Raghu Ram Murthy, M-tech (Computer Science),
Room No - 245,
Brahmaputra Hostel,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai - 36.