Trouble recompiling

christopher.j.regan@philips.com christopher.j.regan@philips.com
Thu Oct 23 14:45:00 GMT 2003

Thank You for your response

>I believe the "ISO C++ forbids" errors are due to gcc trying to be more ISO-
>complient, and later versions more so. For a quick solution downloading an
>older version of gcc would probably work...  Check the FAQ for info on
>installing multiple version of gcc on the same system (I think you need to use -
>-prefix).

I will have to try that if i can't come up with a way to fix the problem.

I guess the main problem is that it isn't my code that is having the problem.
One of my files includes a file (straits.h) which comes with g++ (std/straits.h) that is throwing the errors
and not compiling. Thus i was wondering if when i include bastring.h, which is the file
that does the include of std/strait, if i should be using something besides bastring. I tried
just include <string> but that just goes and does an include on bastring which causes the same
problems. I have searched the entire system and there is only 1 straits.h, just wondering if bastring
is no longer compatible with the latest gcc and if i should be using something else to get locking
strings. If the file exists under the g++ tree shouldn't it be able to compile?

Christopher Regan
Factory Applications Programmer
(845) 902-1313

"That's why i'm easy, i'm easy like sunday morning."