precompiled tests

Dan Kegel dkegel@ixiacom.com
Wed Oct 15 21:57:00 GMT 2003


Ben Elliston wrote:
> George Kraft <gk4@austin.ibm.com> writes:
> 
> 
>>I am looking at the GCC 3.3.4 libstc++v3 tests and I'm trying to
>>figure out how to build the tests once, then run the one set of
>>binary images on multiple systems.  Currently, DejaGnu recompiles
>>the libstc++v3 tests each time.
> 
> 
> Unless the machines are all identical, you cannot be sure that the
> compilation would not proceed differently, leading to different
> results.  If the machines are all identical, I'm not sure why you'd
> want to do this.
> 
> What problem are you trying to solve?

I have often wanted to do what George describes.  We have
racks and racks and racks of identical machines, and I'd
like to run the tests in parallel on all of them,
to catch bugs that only happen rarely.  (e.g.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7383,
which takes about 2000 cpu-minutes to show up).

- Dan



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list