mingw -> linux cross compiler

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 04:24:00 GMT 2003


On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 01:20:39PM -0500, Wayne wrote:
>"I went to msys because Cygwin didn't come with a binary compiler
>(that I could find--people tell me it's there but I don't see it)."
>
>gcc has been available as part of the package for Cygwin for a long time
>now.  It is in the "Devel" category.  It is NOT installed in the 
>default/minimal install.  I recommend in general, when running setup
>(make sure you update to the newest) that you take a couple of minutes
>and click open the categories, it shows you what is available, where,
>and gives you a chance to make sure it is being installed.  Many useful
>tools such as Perl, Python and GSL are there....
>
>Current version of gcc in Cygwin is gcc-3.3-1 I think....

Correct.

cgf



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list